Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thoughtful design

Not surprisingly, one of the two new soft toys had to be sewn up after three days of Rupert's teeth.

Only this time, I didn't have to worry about him swallowing the squeaker -- instead of being stuffed into the toy's body, this one was sewn up within a little cloth bag, like a tea bag, and one end of that was anchored by being sewn into a seam on the toy.

Now that's a well-designed dog toy with the owner's sanity in mind. And that's why I'm paying a bit more for the expensive Japanese toys from now on.

Oh yeah, it was after the toy surgery that I realised I didn't take a photo. There'll be lots of follow-up procedures later on, I'm sure, thanks to Roop.

1 comment:

H. said...

China-made stuff has been taking a hit for quality these days, that'll be a good signal to the Chinese producers to buck up on quality! I'm sure within a few years time we'll be going back to China-made stuff again.

All this talk about low-quality stuff reminds me of all the TESCO value items I'm using now...