Friday, April 16, 2010

It's not my bed, really


We took down the ikat cloth that used to hang over the bed from the carved wooden hanger -- I call it a hanger because I don't know what else to call it, it's a carved Indonesian wooden piece you hang weaves from to display them. Now, a very McGyver combination of binder clips and S hooks are holding up two Ikea LED lamps from it. I'm not sure if you can technically call it a lamp, it's LED lights embedded in a cardboard covered with fabric. You're supposed to roll it up and stand it up on its end so you get a cylinder of starlight, but I thought they looked prettier hung flat like a canopy of stars above the bed. The starlight effect doesn't come out with the idiot-proof camera's automatic flash.

Oh, and Queeni is lying on her spot under the aircon draft. And to let you know, the bed is hers.

No comments: