Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Little things


A friend recently moved to Australia. I miss her, and then I don't. It's a funny in-between feeling. Yes, I miss that she isn't actually around. No, I don't miss her because we still do pretty much what we've always done -- chat over the Internet. Even when she was here, we didn't meet up that much, but "talked" almost everyday. It is just that now, the little green light next to her name on the chat window is lighting up from a different hemisphere. A little thing that you'd not realise if you didn't think about it.

I've already got a ticket booked to go visit her in November. And even before that holiday starts, there are other little things are beginning to make me smile. For instance, I've had to create a new Oz2 folder in my email to organise all the emails and plans for this Oz holiday. The Oz1 folder still has photos and emails from the Bondi Rescue lifeguards from the Sydney holiday of two years ago.

Just yesterday, I had to get a new bottle of facial moisturiser. I was trying to choose which one to get, and picked the one that came with SPF30 sunblock. Because this new bottle will definitely last me till November, and I will definitely need sunblock for the Australian summer sun.

Woah, I'm so thinking of little details, and so far ahead.

No comments: