Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy birthday


Like the Queen of England, HRH Queeni has two birthdays -- the actual birthday which nobody really knows when it is, and the official celebratory birthday.

Because she was adopted, I never knew when Queeni's real birthday was. She had papers but they got lost in transition. I know who her original owner is, and he should never have gotten a dog and by now probably would have forgotten he even had one, let alone know what he did with her papers.

C and the vet estimated her to be around a year old when I got her five years ago from him in January, so I decided to make January 4, the date I adopted her, her birthday.

The Queen is six years old today. She celebrated with a slice of cheesecake. Which she had to share with the puppy, much to her consternation. He couldn't stay still to pose for the picture, that's why you only see his butt. Which is so Rupert, anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Your Majesty.
From Sera