Saturday, March 22, 2008

Horizon envy



No real reason for this pix other than I got envious when a friend, now studying at my alma mater, posted pix of the countryside surrounding the campus. I am tired of seeing buildings out of every window, of concrete blocks stretching into the distance. I want to see space; see a horizon where earth meets the sky, with no buildings in sight; feel my soul expand with the expanse of space around me.

I think I need a holiday.

I am just lucky that I have a tree outside my window. If I manouvre myself correctly, I can see leaves and flowers, and sometimes an oriole or two, and ignore the buildings at the peripheral.

2 comments:

H. said...

Come visit me then!!! :))) I just went to the Kenilworth countryside with two of my friends yesterday, again on a running-cycling trip. I should start charging tour fees!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tree - what kind of tree is it?