Monday, March 24, 2008

What Black Monday?

It is always nice to get a Monday off. It is especially more delicious when it comes after a long weekend and the faces you see trudging off to work seem even blacker than usual.

What's that Geman word for it? To enjoy someone else's misery? Although this feeling on Easter Monday does not apply to those in the UK where today is a bank holiday. It especially does not apply to students in the UK -- you know who you are, the one cavorting round the Kenilworth countryside.

So I'm going for a leisurely meal in an empty cafe where service will be twice the speed of what it was yesterday, and then go grocery shopping where I don't need to bump carts with anyone else because the aisles will be mine, all mine.

Hey, I earned today off, OK, I worked Good Friday and Easter Sunday.

2 comments:

H. said...

Hiak hiak hiak...

I've already gone past the peak of relaxation and now going down the slope of extreme boredom...

Anonymous said...

well, tomorrow I face the sea of black faces of the commuters trudging off to work. Plus, hey, I didn't get Chinese New Year or Vesak Day or Hari Raya - in fact, the UK has the fewest holidays of Europe and (I think) fewer than Singapore even.

And no ... I didn't get to cavort round Kenilworth either.