Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Meme

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning

2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.

3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

What was I doing 10 years ago?

Pretty much the same thing, just at a different place, for a different publication and a different pay.

Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world:

1. Ice cream sundae with all the works -- hot fudge sauce, whipped cream. And a cherry on top, of course.

2. Cake with ice cream on the side

3. Cookies

4. Prawn crackers

5. Potato chips

Five snacks I enjoy in the real world:

6. Tapioca crackers with chilli sambal

7. Ice cream -- it has to have bits of stuff in it, like chocolate chips or marshmallow bits. Plain flavours get boring after the second mouthful.

8. Yogurt -- "normal" or frozen

9. Fruit -- freshly cut or a fruit sorbet

10. Popcorn

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:

1. Cut down on my working hours. I wouldn't quit, I like my job too much. But I would persuade my boss to let me work part time or just come in on the busy nights.

2. Buy some land and start a no-kill animal shelter. It pains me that Noah's Ark had to ship out to Johor because they couldn't renew their lease. Or maybe I'd just give the money to them, I don't think I have the resources to actually run a shelter.

3. Buy a car. L would have to drive. I never learnt how. Or I guess as a billionaire, I could get a chaffeur with the car.

4. Buy a weekend home in Bali. It will have to come with a private jet or at least membership into one of those pilot-and-jet services.

5. Set up a trust fund that will go towards funding Aids medication. If the government won't help people obtain live-saving anti-retrovirals, then dammit, I will.

Five jobs that I have had:

1. Salesperson in a book shop

2. Teacher

3. Reporter/journalist/staff writer -- different places, different designations, more or less the same job.

4. Sub-editor -- which is my current job. Good grief, I haven't done enough in my life to cover five jobs.

5.

Five of my habits:

1. Must have coffee first thing in the morning. Tea on a day off.

2. Must cuddle the dogs in bed before I can settle down to sleep.

3. I need separate shampoo and conditioner. Can't abide the two-in-one stuff, it makes you wonder if you should rinse it off straightaway (you don't want the shampoo on your hair that long) or leave it on for a while (or how will the conditioner have time to set in). The bottles of shampoo and conditioner have to be at the same level.

4. I use bar soap in the shower on the alternate days that I wash my hair and shower gel when I'm not. I'm just required to list habits, not explain them.

5. I use facial scrub on the days that I wash my hair and a gel cleanser on the days that I don't.

Five places I have lived:

1. Coventry, UK

2. Hong Kong

3. With my parents. In Singapore. I'm out of places as in countries.

4. Small cosy rental house in Changi Village by the sea -- one of the nicest rental places I ever had.

5. A rental flat in Sengkang. We liked the township so much, we bought our own flat in Sengkang two years ago.

Five people we should all get to know better: (A nice way of saying TAG!)

1. Funny the World

2. The Dahn Report

3. E-Hung

4. Benedict Says

5. Compaunmeri

No comments: