Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Michael Jackson

Finally. Buried. Laid to rest. Took a while, didn't it? You'd think they'd bury a body before it started to decay. Funny thing is, the alleged burial is all over the British tabloids and Indian papers, but there's hardly a peep from the US press.

I didn't blog about it when he died. I think millions of people, bloggers or otherwise, the world over had said enough. There was no "where were you when you heard" moment for me. He wrote some good music, was an even better dancer but I didn't think much of him as a singer. To me, a greater voice was silenced when John Lennon was shot, when Freddie Mercury died.

Poor Farah Fawcett. Died on the same day as Michael Jackson, and after a prolonged battle with cancer. And buried within days without any hoo-ha. I guess angels don't need as much fanfare as kings of pop.

No comments: