Monday, July 17, 2006

Ah, balls


I have been shamed. I'm a bad mummy. Last Saturday, all HRH got was a bath and I posted pictures of it on my blog. Last Saturday, V got a bunch of new toys and M posted pictures them on his blog (2andhalfcents.blogspot.com).

Not that I'm mounting a defence but here's one reason why HRH doesn't get new toys very often. See these two balls? They're identical, only one is older and has lost most of its markings to play, Schnauzer teeth and saliva, and countless throws, retrieves, aching arms and the wear and tear that comes with a ball being dropped on your face in the middle of the night when you want to sleep but HRH thinks you should play because she is up.

And when V finally killed its squeaker, I bought a new one -- completely identical -- to replace it, thinking that HRH would prefer the new squeaky one since the old one has been silenced. Nope. She won't have anything to do with the new ball. You can throw both at the same time and she'll take off after the old preferred one. And anyway, the squeak in the new ball didn't last long anyway. V killed it the last time she was here.

No comments: