Thursday, July 27, 2006

Home with HRH

You'd think that HRH would be happy to have her Mummy home for three days (if I hadn't been on the e-mail to you recently, I fell on Monday evening, landed awkwardly on a knee already wobbly from the torn ligament in previous similar fall). Apparently not. That's three days of foregone afternoon naps for her. Although having her human home means that she can demand that I take her down during doggy social hour at the field in the late afternoon, dicky knee or not. I've discovered that she's learnt how to push her head under the curtain so she can look through the window and bark at running kids, growl at the tricycles and whine at the dogs.

She's quite sweet. When I fell, I was bruised, winded and in pain, so remained on the kitchen floor for a while. Then I wasn't sure if my knee could take the weight (the last time I damaged it, I tore a ligament and the knee buckled completely when I tried to stand) and I was terrified of that so I crawled out the the living room. She was napping on the sofa, and the back of the couch prevented her from seeing what I was doing, but she knew it wasn't something I usually do. When I hauled myself up on the sofa, her ears were stressed back. My Tshirt was soggy from the cold sweat I was in, and the little dear just lay by me and licked me till I calmed down.

The knee is much better, thanks, everyone.

1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

It's amazing how dogs have a 6th sense about things, isn't it. I remember when our dog was still a rebellious adolescent and ran away whenever she got the chance. I fell while walking her back to the car from the dog park and let go of the leash. Normally she would have been off like a shot, but she came back immediately and checked to see if I was ok, and let me grab the leash again.

Glad your knee is OK.