Monday, November 03, 2008

Friends in high places

A friend of mine emailed me to say that the wife of the new president of the Maldives is someone we knew at university.

The University of Warwick has a reputation for being a hot spot for student activism. Which is one of the reasons why it changed its mind about opening a campus in Singapore.

But I never imagined that my friend's former housemate would turn out to be the First Lady of the Maldives.

She is in illustrious company -- another housemate, a Jordanian, married into the royal family and is now a princess.

I feel like I've achieved nothing with my life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a President's Scholar and lots of other presitigious govt scholars here in Warwick now, so I guess I'll be saying the same thing when I get to that stage...

Anonymous said...

Beg to disagree, O mother of royalty!
Sera