Saturday, July 07, 2012


Invisible ape's
Paws still heavy on my back.
Get off me, monkey.

A little old lady tugged at my elbow at the train interchange and asked me the way to Tan Tock Seng Hospital. I pointed out to her the platform, where to get off after she had gotten on that train, and which line to change to after that.

I knew the way full well. Not so long ago, I was making the trudge there daily, a knot in the pit of my stomach.

And as soon as I mentally mapped the way when I gave directions, that knotty feeling twisted in my stomach again.

I thought the haikus were doing well in keeping my brain occupied and working my way through things. I suppose they are. But today's pitted stomach has only told me that the monkey is still on my back. Now there's a mixed of bodily metaphors for you. Goes to show, I need more haiku writing.

No comments: