Sunday, July 15, 2012

The uses of Coke



I had half a litre of regular Coke in the fridge. It's not something I drink, and L isn't allowed sugary sodas now, it was for guests who were here a week ago -- and now it was getting fizzless.

I desperately tried to remember all that stuff about the other uses of Coke in those oft-forwarded emails that spring up in your Inbox. I never pay attention and delete them, and damn, now that I actually have Coke in the house that I don't want to drink, I don't know what else to do with it.

Coke is said to be good for cleaning things, the acid is supposed to shine out pennies, silverware and toilet bowls. Well, I didn't think my loose change needed cleaning before I spend them all. I have no silverware. And I didn't really want to pour it down the loo.

So L braised a pork loin in it. And it was good. Very, very good.

Now the conundrum. If he can't drink sugary sodas, can he eat something that's been cooked in it?

Ah. Mine. All mine.

No comments: