Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cheap stuff


I stand corrected. You can get bath salts in Singapore. Japanese imports, which means you don't know what you're getting until you open the packet. I found these in a $2 Japanese goods store -- you know, the type of store that sells cheap Japanese imports like toiletries, plastic ware and kitchen ware and every item is $2. Love those shops, you load up on stuff because everything is so cheap and then you realise at the cashier that $2 each can add up to quite a bit. Only when I read the small print did I realise that while most of the stuff were Japanese imports, they were really made in China, even the bath salts and incense sticks, that's why they're so cheap.

There was a sign with a translation from Japanese explaining the bath salts flavours -- rose, jasmine, lavender, chamomile, bergamot, the usual suspects. But when I got home, I'd forgotten what flavour I'd bought. The one on the left is supposed to be a soya milk bath and I got that because it intrigued me. It's nothing like a Cleopatra milk bath though, the contents of the packet were a bright yellow powder and it made the bath looked like I was stepping into a tub of pee, only it smelt sweet and creamy.



Speaking of pee, we've given up pulling on and off the tight-fitting washable covers on the couch. It's now covered with towels and blankets until you-know-who develops bladder control. He'd better do this by Chinese New Year.

No comments: