Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Goofball


Rupert is as endearing as he is goofy. Or maybe it's the silly part of him that makes him endearing. He has just tried to climb up on my lap as I sit typing.

When he was a puppy, I used to plop him on my lap when I was on the computer, it was the only way I could make sure that he was not being naughty somewhere else.

Now, he's too big to fit on my lap but that doesn't stop him from trying to get up. He tried to lie down for a while but as his backside gradually slid down my legs, he gave up and decided to take a nap on the floor instead.

He's got a whole lot of floor to choose from, but had to lie on my work bag where I'd dropped it in one corner. It can't be too comfortable to lie on because there're pokey things in it like an umbrella and a Walkman.

But hey, this is the dog that will sleep with a chewie bone sticking into his ribs.

2 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

They should make some sort of a padded table you can put over your lap for those dogs that no longer fit, but think they are lap dogs and want to be THAT CLOSE to you when you work at your desk.

Anonymous said...

The pictures and the stories of Rupert's devotion to all things yours nearly always bring sweet tears to my eyes. I'm so glad Rupert has found his soul mate -- and that you have a sweet-boy-O to adore you. The total and abiding love of a gentle dog can heal nearly every kind of pain, except the one when he leaves you. Give Roo a huge hug and tell him a nearly black Schnauzer is watching over him from above.