Friday, April 18, 2008

New toys -- for both me and the furkids

The thing about shopping at Ikea is that after you get what you went there for, you wander around the displays and end up buying a whole lot of stuff that you didn't think you'd need until you saw that it existed.

Such as the laptop tray. It's hard plastic on one side, just nice to put a laptop computer on, and soft cushion on the other side, so it rests comfortably on your lap. Nifty invention, much better than having a breakfast-in-bed tray that I used to use when I was using the laptop on the sofa or in bed.

We also bought some stuffed toys for the furkids. Ikea is one of the few places where the children's toys are pretty good for dogs too because the eyes are embroidered on rather than buttons, ie, no little bits that the dogs can bite off. So we got a big dog and a small dog -- for our big dog and small dog.



HRH: It's bigger than me, whaddaya expect me to do with it?


Heave ho! Hmm, it's not working.


So if I can't move it, I can use it as a cushion.


Roop: Big is not a problem for me!

2 comments:

H. said...

There's a humongous IKEA that opened in Coventry not long ago, it's become like the centre of gravity for the place. There's a pretty good Swedish breakfast there for like 2 pounds, and 10 Swedish meatballs for a pound after 7pm. Sweeeet :)

Bev Sykes said...

Sheila would be able to make a nice pile of stuffing of those animals in a matter of minutes.