Sunday, May 28, 2006

There can be no picture for this

... because it's about me enjoying the bath tub. I haven't had a bath tub for the five years we've been in the old flat. On Friday, I went to Marks and Sparks and went berserk in the toiletries shelves. Bath foams, bath oils, bath creams, I bought them all. Couldn't chose between the flavours? Heck, get them all. Then I went to get a $120 steam iron which, as it turns out, I may never use ... story coming up...

Filled up the bath, got in. And refused to get out. Even though the water had turned tepid, the bubbles had all gone and the fingers and toes were turning into little prunes. Halfway through the bath, a thunderstorm started and I briefly wondered about the wisdom of sitting in water with lightning activity outside. Then I sniffed the bath foam aroma some more, busted some bubbles and sank deeper into the water.

It's nice to be hedonistic. Speaking of which, we have a housekeeping service. We hired a cleaning service to clean the flat before we moved in and they did a wonderful job. So when they persuaded us to sign on for their weekly housekeeping service, it was easy for us to say yes. Besides, we felt flush since we don't have to pay rent any more. And that bit of money for the housekeeping service will mean I WILL NEVER HAVE TO IRON, MOP OR SCRUB A LOO BOWL AGAIN. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

MGW said...

Now, now -- Nancy shared her picture in the tub. I agree that tubs are the very best type of bathing arrangement. Soaking in the tub is certainly as good as a tranquillizer in this household. One of my sweetest Wolf memories is that he also came in and settled on the bathmat while I was bathing. We would talk about our lives together while he was there. Neither Gus nor Fritz spend time in the bathroom with me -- and I so miss that special time Wolf and I shared.