Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Think Pink


It all started with that pink wall. Then I found a pink chair pad at Spotlight which very nicely draws the pink into the dining area. And then a pink doorway streamer at Metro that draws the pink into the kitchen. Do you call it a doorway streamer? It's like a bead curtain, but the beads are little plastic cut-outs. Very 60s.

And those pink flowery glasses. SH thought I got them from abroad. Nah, Sengkang suburban mall, my friend. It's an Italian import though. If JW thinks she's the original pink gal, she has to think again. The brand of the glasses is Adie. It literally had my name on it. So of course I had to get it.

And from there, there was no turning back. Take this pink template for the blog. So I'm consistent when it comes to a colour scheme.

The Xelibri gave up the ghost last week. The keypads on the right side refuse to work. Just about the only buttons that did work let me make calls from the address book and answer calls, but I couldn't reply SMSes unless I keyed in only the letters on the left side of the keypad. Which made things rather difficult. Then along came M1, offering me a free phone. So of course I picked the pink one. It has a four-way key -- which was the minus point in the Xelibri; when you have butter fingers like mine (banana fingers, a piano teacher once called them) you tend to punch a little off-kilter and the button registers a left instead of a down. I was thinking of getting a new phone and looked around a bit, but almost every model now has one four-way key instead of four up, down, left, right keys. And this one came free. So I took it. There's no free lunch, of course. I had to sign on for another two years to my mobile plan. But a free pink phone!

Oh, the silver bag that the pink stuff is on, is just for contrast, to show off how pink the pink phone is. I paid $7 for Her World -- when I normally despise women's magazines -- for the free silver bag because I needed a stylish bag to tote my iBook in. I checked out laptop bags at Orchard Road today, they're all ugly and black. Slim deserves more than an ugly plasticky black bag. With this silver one, it'll travel in style. W wants to know when I can test out the wireless connections at Starbucks and McDonald's. Soon. Slim now has something sleek to wear and is ready to go.

No comments: