Thursday, June 01, 2006

Picture Upon Pictures


OK, those of you who were once horrified that my (old) cellphone could only make and receive calls (fancy that! A phone that only does phone calls!) and rudimentary text messages, let me now say that Pink Phone is armed with camera, video recording and MMS. Ha! Who's your megapixel mama?

The only thing it doesn't have is an MP3 player. And just a few weeks ago, that wouldn't have mattered. Guess M is right, I have to get an iPod next. You see the slippery slope of perdition Slim has set me on? You get an iBook, you fall for iTunes and now you want an iPod and pretty soon, iCreditCard will explode.

And why is this called a candy bar phone? If Mars and Snickers bars came this thin, I'd feel shortchanged. Unless when they said candy bar, they mean stick of gum.

I've worked out how to use the camera and video. But what I haven't worked out is how to get them out of the phone and onto a computer or something so that I can e-mail them to interested parties. They're all stuck on the phone. Pink has a mini-USB port so I could use my digicam cable and link Pink to Slim. I'm just scared to. I'm technophobic. Who's to say that if I connect A to B with wire, it won't hang A or B? Even Macs hang right?

In the meantime, the cutest Q pix is wallpaper on the phone. I have wallpaper on the phone, on the computer, just not on the wall. Does anyone even have wallpaper on walls anymore? The phone wallpaper must be the modern equivalent of the dog/loved one photo in the wallet.

Cellphones sure change the way we live. For instance, I can't remember a single phone number anymore. When I first started school many, many, many moons ago, my Mum made me memorise our home phone number. I have no idea what my home phone number is now but I can tell you it's on quick dial #1 and voice dial on Pink.

And deleting numbers from the phone book is something else. A friend agonised over deleting the ex's number after a break-up. Because it was so final, and if she ever changed her mind, he would be gone forever. Then there's another friend who had a drinks party to ceremoniously delete his ex's number. The difference must be the difference between girls and guys.

No comments: