Monday, June 12, 2006

And the weekend flew past

Funny how when I get a complete, ie normal two-day, weekend, I wonder how I ever made do with a one-day weekend, quite forgetting that I had a weekday off to do all I want to do sans weekend crowds, and that one-day break in the workweek. So what did I do this weekend, a few friends asked. I, had a bath. Baths. At one point, I was lying in the tub sipping lemonade, looking up at the blank space in the bathroom wall and thinking, a flat-screen TV will go really nicely there. :) Was drinking from a melamine cup, I never ever have glass in the bathroom where I haven't got my glasses on. Mr Magoo and glass is not a good combination in a room where you're bare and vulnerable. And I'm thinking, maybe I should go to the $2 store and get those plastic champagne flutes.

It was a leisurely weekend, and as ES correctly surmised, only a full bladder got me out of bed. Not even the thought of "the dog needs to pee" screaming in my head -- which is the other thing that gets me out of bed. Because said dog was buried deep under the duvet. The last one out of bed. Who cast remorseful looks at L when he made the bed.

Bedmaker then got restless and decided to play with the new oven. He did a baked chicken thing. But it came out a bit dry because the packet of frozen chicken parts that said "thighs" turned out to be breasts when we opened it after defrosting it overnight. So he make it with lots of sauce (which still didn't really help) and asked me to make some steamed rice to go with it. I also did an eggplant gratin. Love, love, lurrrve the oven.

No comments: