Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Living a life of luxury

Now that I've actually found a use for plastic champagne flutes, they're not to be had when I went back to the $2 store. Are there so many people who suddenly want to sip wine while lazing in the tub?

So I'm getting dressed for work and realised that I picked a blouse that I would never have bought not so long ago. I got it recently from the Marks and Sparks sale along with a skirt (see, I didn't just buy kitchenware alone, I'm a multi-faceted shopper). The skirt has pleats and the blouse has pin tucks. Not so long ago, I would have put them back on the rack. Simply because I'm incapable of ironing pleats and pin tucks. But now, now I can sip wine in the tub and leave the ironing to the housekeeping service. Ha ha.

Pin tucks! I haven't seen them since I was forced to sew pin tucks in Domestic Science class in secondary school all those years ago. For some reason, pin tucks were deemed to be a necessary skill to learn. Who on earth sews their own clothes any more?

2 comments:

MGW said...

Um, I suppose it wouldn't be cost efficient to send my ironing to Singapore, would it? I'm reduced to tee-shirts and at my age and incredible girth, they are NOT particularly flattering. However, they don't require ironing which overcomes all other defects. And if I buy them dark enough I can wear them at least twice before needing to wash them. Anything not to have to iron.

Unknown said...

You could send your ironing to Zelda who once said she loves to iron. Ironing in Singapore is a double whammy. You do not want to do something that's hot and steamy in weather that's already hot and steamy. I was always cold when I was in SF (and that was at the tail-end of summer), maybe I could love to iron there, maybe that's where Zel was coming from.