Thursday, March 15, 2007

I have to take back what I said


... in the earlier post about not feeling poorly even though I'm off sick. On Tuesday night, as I was lounging on the couch watching TV, I got hit by a wave of dizziness so bad, I rolled over and almost passed out. I went straight to bed, thinking it was just fatigue as it was quite late at night.

The next morning, I was still so dizzy that when I got up to go to the loo, I got all nauseated and dry-heaved into the sink and the bath tub. I lurched all the way to the doctor, walking like a drunken sailor, with L helpfully propping me up. Walking straight was OK, turning round corners made me feel like everything was spinning.

And we don't know why I'm off kilter. The doctor thinks maybe after that respiratory infection -- which actually cleared up very fast -- my system took a whacking and went off-balance. She gave me some little beige pills which stopped the room from spinning. Only they probably worked by knocking me out. I was drifting in and out of sleep on the couch the whole day. The dogs were very sweet, they took up sentinel positions on either side. Rupert came up to lick my face every now and then and Queeni came to sniff me. L said she did that all through the night too, getting up to sniff the top of my head. How nice to be looked after.

No comments: