Tuesday, August 01, 2006

His n hers


If it's not one thing, it's another. I've succumbed to the bug that was going round the office and on top of that, passed it on to L. He gets bugs really easily. I don't usually but this one must have caught me with my, err, knee down.

Which means L is much sicker than I am. I only have a bottle of cough mixture and anti-inflammatories. Everything else -- especially all the candy-coloured pills -- are L's. The Strepsils was a desperate -- and useless -- attempt at self-medication over the weekend until we saw the doctor -- together -- yesterday.

The thing about being home from work for a few more days is that you don't want to be too sick so that you can actually enjoy your time off work. A cough that a suppressant can take care of and a low-grade on-off fever works just about fine -- sick but not so sick that you can potter around the house, cook a little, actually taste what you cook, toss a few toys when the dog demands it, and best of all -- watch more TV.

No comments: