Friday, August 11, 2006

Kiss The Sky


It's a poor picture because it was so magnified. The little lizard is only about 4cm long. He's usually behind the shelving unit but last night I saw him on the ceiling, in the bit where the retracted false ceiling is painted to look like sky. We haven't named him yet but I guess I now have a name for him -- Jimi.

In the old flat, we also had a resident lizard. That one was named Tshirt because the night we saw him, L (or me, can't remember now) was wearing a Tshirt with a gecko picture on it.

Hawaiians say geckos bring good luck to the houses they are found in. That's nice. I just like having them around because they get rid of mosquitoes and all the nasty flying buzzing insects.

1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

Everybody should have a pet gecko! (love the name "T-shirt"!)