Monday, September 25, 2006

Couch wars




I have not been able to get a good picture of the Queen and her new subject together yet. Here's why. Pix 1 was taken 24 hours before Rupert arrived. Pix 2 was taken 24 hours after he arrived. There is at least a similarity -- both siblings take snuggling into the couch cushions very seriously. Only they do so at separate moments. Pix 3 is the big picture that tells all -- she rules from one end of the couch and he's relegated to the other end.

A gangly fox terrier, apparently, can hold an infinite amount of waste products. This morning alone, we've had three clean-ups: two pee events and one diaorrhea episode. And the diaorrhea was *after* I took him outside at 6.30am when he dutifully did a watery dump. No need to clean up poop this morning, I triumphantly thought, as we went back to bed. How wrong.

Given that the day has already started, and the washing machine has already gone through two rounds of washing waste, I'm almost afraid how the day will end.

2 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I had to laugh at your "two rounds of washing waste." When I have puppies here, I think I do more laundry than when I had kids. I just routinely keep a stack of towels on hand at all times.

Dekakuri said...

We killed our old washing machine after the first few weeks with the two boys! We now have a new one. Honestly, I wracked my brain trying to figure out such a small body could hold so much crap! And... how they manage to do it right on the best carpet when it only covers a tiny percent of an otherwise expansive linoleum floor!!! Ha ha ha. (Or better yet, my $400 shirt or something equally valuable. Truly uncanny how they manage it.)
But we do love them in the end. And as you said, hard to hold a bad tummy against them. I mean there are times after a bad night at steamboat when I barely make it to the toilet so I guess we have to make some allowance for the critters.
Trying to get back to SG soon so hopefully I will be able to help Gabe with Colin. Seems that one is just being defiant at this point! Ha ha ha. He has to be perfectly potty-trained before I can leave again so I have my work cut out for me this time. Cheers kids... miss my little Rupert. But so happy to see him enjoying his new home.