Friday, September 22, 2006

Matching set

OK, for P who wondered about the new Terry Prachett book I'd mentioned in yesterday's posting. It's 'Thud' and it's not really that new, it must have existed as a hardcover for oh, maybe nine months if not a whole year already. In fact, the opening chapter was already published in the last book. Prachett has become a tease.

I never pay the premium for a hardcover if I know it's going to come out as a paperback. I'm prepared to wait because I know it's going to be a good book. Of course this only applies to authors that you've established that you like.

The only hard covers I buy are the ones that I don't think will ever make it to paperback because they're not that commercial. 'Marley & Me' being one of them.


Besides, if I'd bought the Prachett as a hardcover, it wouldn't match the series of Disc World paperbacks on my shelf. I guess I do judge books by their covers after all.

No comments: