Saturday, September 23, 2006

He's here!





And he's a very good boy. His irrepressibly energetic fox terrier moments give way to cuddles on the couch -- I'm quite surprised he's such a snuggler. HRH, of course, is thoroughly disgusted. She spent the evening guarding the couch and now she's too tuckered out to care so he's crept up and is snuggling next to his Daddy. He probably bonds better with men since he's been in an all-male household so far.

HRH is horrified by his meal time manners though. You should have seen the look on her face -- she eats daintily and never spills. He, however, put his paw into his dish and nosed out all his kibble, then he gobbled them off the floor. Then he nosed his dish all over and spilled more food. I think he needs to get the idea that he can eat off the dish, not spill out the food and then eat it.

No housetraining accidents so far. It's the weekend and we're home to talk him for potty walks every few hours, and L has got Monday and Tuesday off. So fingers crossed, we're off to a good housetraining start.

I've forgotten what it means to have a short-haired dog that sheds. Tomorrow, we're going to buy a hand-held DustBuster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute Adi. And Queeni is still the Queen. I see lots of fun ahead. ;o)

Dekakuri said...

I am so happy to see Rupert doing so well. He is my boy and I hated to see him go. But knowing that he is with the two of you, makes me very happy. I know he will always have a great life.
And yes... the Queen still seems to be the Queen. i hope they learn to bond. Rupert is quite loving usually and not really rough for a Fox Terrier so I think they should be OK. have fun. Can't wait to get back and get everyone together again for a picnic or something.
And remember, you always have a bulit-in babysitter!!!
Christopher