Friday, September 15, 2006

Lazy, rainy day

This was supposed to be an easy week, as I only have four working days. I worked Sunday and Monday, then had a break on Tuesday, then worked another two days before a Friday to Sunday long weekend.

It wasn't even like four working days strung out one after another, I had a day's break in between. So I don't know why I came back home last night and collapsed. Went straight to bed. Didn't even brush my teeth. That's how drained I was. OK, I slept for four hours then got up, had a hot chocolate and then brushed my teeth and went back to bed.

Age must be catching up on me. It used to be that I'd stay up late on days off. Go clubbing till dawn. Stuff like that. Now, I look forward to days off because I can go to bed early.

Woke up to the sound of thunder this morning and decided there was no point getting up as I couldn't walk HRH in the rain. As long as I stayed in bed, so would she. So by the time we actually spilled out of bed, it was 3pm. There went all the plans of going downtown to the bookstore. I have a bit of a list and 'Marley & Me' is on it -- I figure I can deal with a book where the dog dies now that I have a prospective puppy coming to lift things up (more about the puppy later, it's another story for another time).

At least I made it to Ikea when I was off on Tuesday. I only needed one thing -- another shelf for the bathroom. It costs only $9 so I wasn't going to spend $20 on a taxi there to get it (getting a taxi back would be another thing, I'd be loaded down with stuff), $40 on transport for a $9 item didn't make sense. So I took a leisurely train ride down, strolled around, added stuff to my cart (how can you pass up $1 placemats, 50 cents dog dishes), more of the Swedish meatballs and the pear cider which I like from their food section, and lo and behold, I had spent $200. I have no idea how that happened.

No comments: