Monday, September 18, 2006

Eternal rest


OK, too many text-only entries and we need some pix on this page.

What, you think I only upload pix of the dog? :)

The slogan on this hoarding for the construction of a condo really bothers me. I don't know about you but to me, it cuts pretty close to advertising for a burial plot.

People who think of condo names need help. There's one in Bishan called Rafflesia. It's next to Raffles Institution and probably takes its name from the esteemed school. Only thing is, the developer forgot that Rafflesia is a mutant-looking ugly stinky flower. It's not the sort of flower you'd put in a bouquet. Its scent has been described as a rotting corpse, I think it's supposed to attract flies or something, protein for the flower to feed on.

And there's Avalon in Stevens Road. Every time I pass it, I wonder if the residents encountered any undead English kings or faery folk wandering about the pool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah ... it probably sounds better in Mandarin or whatever Chinese dialect it originated in. It just shows you how certain concepts don't translate well. I say ... fire the agency/person who came up with the name. Or is it built next to a cemetery? I remember a development called La Suisse - it was supposed to be posh, hence the "La" but "Suisse"? There was nothing Swiss about it. And why should anything French be considered posh?